A crack in your foundation wall could be caused from natural shrinkage of the concrete materials, or it could be a warning sign of a serious structural problem, such as settlement. A thorough inspection from a trained tech from St. Louis Basement Pros will be needed so that we can figure out the best way to go about fixing the problem and preventing it from happening again.
If the issue is a result of settlement, then you will also likely notice the following problems in your home:
- Windows and doors are difficult to open or close
- Noticeable sinking can be seen on one or more sides of the home
- Floors feel like they are sinking in spots
- Cracks appear along window and door frames
- Damage to the driveway or basement floor can be seen
If the crack is not caused from a structural problem, we can simply fill and seal it off with epoxy materials. The surface of the wall will be cleaned off so that dirt and debris can't get inside, and then we will inject the material. This will fill and seal the opening from the earth to the surface of the wall. Curing time is minimal.